20% MORE MILEAGE: Delivering 20% more mileage compared to the average of leading competitors*, meaning less frequent tyre replacements and more savings.
*Based on TUV Rheinland (Thailand) report; MICHELIN Energy XM2 compared to MICHELIN Energy XM1; Field test in Thailand; Test date 13-03-2011 ~ 29-04-2011; Toyota Vios J 1.5 2007; Tire Size: 185/65 R14 86H; Air Pressure (F/R): 33/30 psi.
** Based on internal rolling resistance test in 2011 and verified by TUV. Tyre size tested: 185/60R14 82H.
MORE FUEL SAVING: MICHELIN Energy XM2 has improved fuel saving compared to its predecessor the MICHELIN Energy XM1+ thanks to a 10% reduction in rolling resistance.** Reduced rolling resistance means more fuel savings.
MAXIMUM SAFETY: No compromise on safety, guaranteeing excellent braking performance in the wet.
20% More Mileage*: Thanks to “Alternating Bridging” Technology. Alternating Bridging reinforces the rigidity of tread blocks. With rigidity enhanced, the tread blocks move less freely, reducing the rate of tyre wear.
*Based on TUV Rheinland (Thailand) report; MICHELIN Energy XM2 compared to MICHELIN Energy XM1; Field test in Thailand; Test date 13-03-2011 ~ 29-04-2011 ; Toyota Vios J 1.5 2007; Tire Size: 185/65 R14 86H; Air Pressure (F/R): 33/30 psi.
Sipes with Alternating Bridge: This “Bridge” connection between tread blocks limits their flexibility, preventing rapid tyre wear without compromising on wet grip.
Normal tyre with full depth sipes: Traditional full depth sipes allow tread blocks to move around more freely, causing a faster tyre wear.
Fuel Savings: Thanks to Full Silica Compound.
- The silica in the rubber compound reduces friction between the rubber particles generating less heat.
- With less heat generated, less energy is lost, thus reducing fuel consumption.
- The silica also increases the tyre's flexibility, therefore improving road holding.
Guaranteed with GREEN X marking
Green X marking on the tyre sidewall indicates Michelin’s leadership in fuel saving and represents Michelin's commitment to reducing fuel usage and CO2 emissions, while maintaining excellence in longevity and safety.
Maxium Safety: Thanks to “Micro-Adaptive Compound”
- The tread compound of the MICHELIN Energy XM2 is more flexible.
- It better adapts itself to the irregularities of the road surface and therefore guarantees excellent grip.
- The tread suppleness of MICHELIN Energy XM2 is better than MICHELIN Energy XM1 by 3 points (measured in shore).
Optimum Void Grooves
- The grooves of the MICHELIN Energy XM2 can evacuate up to 20% more water compared to the MICHELIN Energy XM1+. A higher volume of water evacuated at a faster rate lowers the risk of hydroplaning.